Business Entity Planning and the 199A Pass-through Deduction | City Club | 5 - 8 pm
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Time: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Location: City Club of Washington | 555 13th Street, NW, Concourse Level, Washington, DC 20004
Speaker: Steven B. Gorin, Esq., CPA, Thompson Coburn LLP
Program Description and Benefits:
Please join us for a timely and informative discussion to compare C corporations to pass-throughs in light of lower C corporation rates, evaluate the impact of converting to C corporation on important estate planning strategies, discuss the 20% deduction for pass-through entities, analyze converting from pass-through to C corporation and then back again, and explore using hybrid entities and trusts for income-splitting.
Steve Gorin is a partner with Thompson Coburn LLP in St. Louis, Missouri. He is a nationally recognized practitioner in the areas of estate planning and the structuring of privately held businesses. Lawyers, accountants and business owners regularly look to Steve for fresh, highly knowledgeable insights into the best possible tax and estate planning approaches to their transactions. Over the course of his 30-year career, Steve has amassed a deep knowledge of nearly every aspect of tax strategy for privately held businesses and freely shares that knowledge with others in the field. His quarterly newsletter, Business Succession Solutions, is considered essential reading for hundreds of CPAs and attorneys. Steve also maintains a blog, “Business Succession Solutions,” intended to help business owners — and those who advise or support them — consider smart tax strategies.
- Open bar and heavy hors d’oeuvres will follow the program
- Fees: No cost for active members; $65 for guests and emeritus members
- Guests warmly welcome when accompanied by a member
- Via Metro: Metro Center stop
- Via Car: Parking is available in the building. Enter Columbia Square garage from 12th Street between E and F Streets. Discounted parking after 5 p.m.
- No-Show Policy: Members who reserve, but do not attend, will be billed $65.
See Upcoming Event Calendar