Trusts as Beneficiaries of IRAs | City Club | 5 - 8 pm
Date: Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Time: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Location: City Club of Washington | 555 13th Street, NW, Concourse Level, Washington, DC 20004
Speaker: Michael Kitces
Program Description and Benefits:
As the use of trusts in estate planning becomes increasingly popular for both tax and non-tax reasons, and clients continue to accumulate more and more assets in retirement accounts, the use of trusts as beneficiaries of IRAs is increasing desirable and necessary. Unfortunately, though, the rules pertaining to IRAs payable to a trust after death are complex and challenging. In this session, we will explore the unique requirements for IRAs to preserve and maximize their tax deferral after death when a trust is the beneficiary, with details about the rules for trusts to qualify for the IRA’s post-death tax deferral “stretch,” how to calculate the actual post-death required minimum distributions for the trust, and examples of specific wording from sample trusts.
- Open bar and heavy hors d’oeuvres will follow the program
- Fees: No cost for active members; $65 for guests and emeritus members
- Guests warmly welcome when accompanied by a member
- Via Metro: Metro Center stop
- Via Car: Parking is available in the building. Enter Columbia Square garage from 12th Street between E and F Streets. Discounted parking after 5 p.m.
- No-Show Policy: Members who reserve, but do not attend, will be billed $65.
Add to My Outlook Calendar (see Google Calendar Instructions)
See Upcoming Event Calendar