Practice Management: Engaging the Next Generation of Clients | Holland & Knight | 12 – 1:30 pm
Program Description and Benefits:
We all are so busy working IN our business that it’s hard to find time to work ON our business. Please plan to join us for an opportunity to do just that.
Over the next 30 to 40 years, $30 trillion of assets is expected to pass from baby boomers to their heirs. These transfers not only require appropriate estate planning, they also create significant opportunities to engage and retain the next generation of clients.
In one study, it was estimated that 66% of inheriting children fire their parents’ advisers. In another, it was estimated that 70% of estate plans go wrong because clients don’t communicate with their heirs. What if there was a way to provide better estate planning advice (thus strengthening relationships with current clients) and engage the inheritors (thus increasing the likelihood that current advisers are retained)?
Using takeaways from this session, you will learn strategies to develop a client-centric practice, exceed client expectations, and develop strong generational reach to enhance the likelihood of retaining our clients’ heirs.
Doug Orton, Vice President, Business Development of MFS Investment Management has approximately 20 years’ experience in the wealth management industry. He has advised many professionals with the goal of creating raving fans and strengthening their businesses in the process.
- Lunch will be provided
- Fees: No cost for active members; $35 for guests and emeritus members
- Guests warmly welcome when accompanied by a member
- Via Metro: Metro's Orange/Blue Line - Farragut West stop is one block northeast and the Red Line - Farragut North stop is two blocks north of H&K.
- Via Car: Limited parking is available in the H&K building (parking garage entrance is on H Street, NW just before the intersection of H Street, NW and 17th Street, NW). Additional parking is available at garages in the neighborhood, including 1710 H Street NW (PMI Parking), 1717 H Street NW (Matonic Parking), and 801 17th Street NW (Nation Parking).
- No-Show Policy: Members who reserve, but do not attend, will be billed $35.