Why is Everyone Talking About Delaware Trusts? | City Club | 5-7 p.m.
Program Description and Benefits:
Whether you are looking to establish a new trust, potentially move a trust’s situs, or modify a trust, Michael will provide insight into why you may want to consider Delaware versus other trust-friendly states. The presentation will cover the benefits of Delaware Trusts, and focus on the unique aspects of Delaware trust law. You will gain a good understanding of the following:
- Why many institutional trustees and family offices have moved trust operations to Delaware
- Why many trust attorneys are working with their wealthy clients to change the situs of existing trusts
- How to modify irrevocable trusts under Delaware law
Michael M. Gordon is a Director at the Wilmington law firm of Gordon, Fournaris & Mammarella, P.A. His practice focuses on the unique aspects of Delaware trust law, including directed trusts, dynasty trusts, asset protection trusts and all aspects of the validity, construction and administration of Delaware trusts. Michael routinely works with clients across the country to transfer the situs of trusts to Delaware and to modify trusts to take advantage of Delaware’s favorable trust law. Michael is a graduate of Fairfield University and the Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law. He received his Masters of Law in Taxation from Villanova University School of Law. Michael is the former Chair of the Estates and Trusts Section of the Delaware Bar Association. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. Michael is also a member of the American Bar Association where he serves as Co-Chair of the Asset Protection Planning Committee of the Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law.
- Open bar and heavy hors d’oeuvres will follow the program
- Fees: No cost for active members; $65 for guests and emeritus members
- Guests warmly welcome when accompanied by a member
- Via Metro: Metro Center stop
- Via Car: Parking is available in the building. Enter Columbia Square garage from 12th Street between E and F Streets. Discounted parking after 5 p.m.
- No-Show Policy: Members who reserve, but do not attend, will be billed $65.