Transforming Social Security into a Winning Retirement Strategy | U.S. Trust, DC | 8-9:30 a.m.
Program Description and Benefits:
Longer life expectancies have changed the face of retirement planning making Social Security an important longevity annuity. When to begin taking Social Security benefits is an important and multi-faceted decision. This program will cover the many considerations and strategies for optimizing Social Security benefits. Case scenarios will address:
- What advice should you give your clients about collecting benefits?
- What’s the cost of collecting early?
- When is waiting to collect benefits an advantageous strategy?
- How is the decision different for a married couple versus an individual?
- How do the relative earnings of married spouses influence the decision?
- When does it make sense to file and suspend benefits?
One Continuing Education Credit: Insurance, PACE, CPA, CFP®
Michael Graci is a Director of Investment and Retirement Education for BlackRock® and is responsible for the development and delivery of wealth management programs. Michael received his Bachelor of Science degree from Pennsylvania State University. His professional designations include Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF) and Accredited Retirement Plan Consultant (ARPC).
- Cost: $30 for members | $35 for guests and emeritus members
- Via Metro: McPherson Square stop
- 2015.10.28 | Understanding Social Security Retirement Benefits Brochure | BlackRock®
- 2015.10.28 | Strategies for Collecting Social Security Retirement Benefits | BlackRock®
- 2015.10.28 | Social Security Presentation | BlackRock®