The Past Year’s Most Significant, Curious, or Downright Fascinating Fiduciary Cases*
Date: Thursday, February 27, 2020
Time: 5:00pm - 7:30pm
Location: City Club of Washington | 555 13th Street, NW, Concourse Level, Washington, DC
Speaker: Dana G. Fitzsimons, Jr. | Bessemer Trust
Program Description and Benefits:
*At least it seems to me. Your mileage may vary. This session will review recent cases from across the country to assist fiduciaries and their advisors in identifying and managing contemporary challenges.
Mr. Fitzsimons is Principal and Fiduciary Counsel at Bessemer Trust. In this role, he is responsible for working with clients and their advisors to develop practical and efficient wealth transfer plans, and for guiding the firm on fiduciary issues. He serves as Chair of the firm’s Fiduciary Counsel Committee. Prior to joining Bessemer, Dana was a partner with McGuireWoods LLP, where he practiced in the areas of fiduciary litigation and estate planning. He is a fellow of the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel (ACTEC) and serves on its Business Planning and Long Range Planning Committees. Dana has been recognized in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, and frequently lectures on fiduciary topics. Dana earned a J.D. from William & Mary Law School, where he was a member of the law review and graduated Order of the Coif, and a B.A. in music from Ithaca College School of Music. He continues to perform as a jazz drummer.
- Open bar and heavy hors d’oeuvres will follow the program
- Fees: No cost for active members; $65 for guests and emeritus members
- Guests warmly welcome when accompanied by a member
- Via Metro: Metro Center stop
- Via Car: Parking is available in the building. Enter Columbia Square garage from 12th Street between E and F Streets. Discounted parking after 5 p.m.
- No-Show Policy: Members who reserve, but do not attend, will be billed $65.
Add to My Outlook Calendar (see Google Calendar Instructions)
Login now to see a list of event attendees.
See Upcoming Event Calendar